10.28.2013

Work in proces, but results will be presented soon

Food in the Streets goes serious. For almost three (!) years now, I use this blog to share my opinions and points of view with you. I tell you where our food comes from, how we process this and what the role of food is in our daily lives. People, food and cities are the keywords.

After years of writing, I thought I was time to get my hands dirty and come into action. As you might have read in others posts (for example My garden or Do it yourself) I’m experimenting with home-food-growing for quite a while now.  Just now I feel it is the right time to become more professional and present my activities to the whole wide world.

The idea was born half a year ago already, when participating to a contest directed to young talents. Even though I didn’t win, it gave me the opportunity to develop an idea into a feasible plan. Off-course it wasn’t as easy as I hoped it was, so it took me until now to elaborate it.

The so called launch of my service is specially reserved for the readers of this blog. So feel honoured and share this fact with your friends. This blog only lifts a corner of the veil. Follow me here and you’ll see the final result later this week.

From this week on, Food in the Streets cycles around the city with her own container full of edibles. It will make the cities greener and hopefully makes you and other passers-by decide to contact me and ask me for help to make your surroundings greener, and edible, as well!


Want to see more inspiring examples of food in the urban streets? Come Tuesday 29 October to this event at IES Abroad in Milan!